PDA

View Full Version : 2.5i Future Potential?

Derek19283746556
06-25-2009, 06:46 AM
What's up guys. I'm new to the forum and to a Subaru. One of the questions I have is that I just bought a stock 2009 Impreza 2.5i and was wondering how much upgrade potential it has. Maybe a turbocharger, exhaust system, and a tune is in the future. I know if I really wanted performance I should've purchased a WRX or STI but I was thinking more along the lines of upgrading parts along the years when I had the money and need. Are there any limitations or big road blocks I would run into by doing these types of things? Thanks for the advice.

rutech
06-26-2009, 07:47 PM
You can do upgrades to the intake and exahust system pretty easy and you may be able to get differant camshafts and have it tuned, not sure about the cams though. As far as the turbo go's, I hear if you want a turbocharged car, buy a turbocharged car. You will have to replace the ecm and maybe the wiring harness to put a turbo on it and do it right, plus the intake has to be changed and the exaust of coarse. I don't know first hand but I have herd it is not worth the trouble.