PDA

View Full Version : Replacing front brake pads

keepitlow
06-23-2009, 08:14 AM
Any problem with DIY job with antilock brakes? Where can I get instruction for the job?

Thanks

Administrator
06-23-2009, 06:25 PM
Try going over to Scoobymods.com

They should have what you need there. I don't see a problem with changing your brakes out, the controller should just be a plug that you can remove while your doing the brakes!

rutech
06-24-2009, 12:35 AM
You don't need to worry about doing your own brakes just because of the abs system. Just be careful you don't harm the wheel speed sensors and other that just pretend you don't have abs. The system will only activate if the computers tell it to so just leave the ignition off while doing the repair and you will be good to go. Don't forget to turn your rotors, subies have soft rotors that will warp if not turned and you will get a pulsation in the brake pedal and the steering wheel. Good luck.

Tom Wood
11-25-2009, 05:43 AM
my advice is dont do that if you have not any experience Replacing brake pads. it might be damage the speed sensors. So go to good mechanic for brake job.

gircutsmi
12-13-2009, 08:44 PM
Any problem with DIY job with antilock brakes? Where can I get instruction for the job?

Thanks

I accept with information:he system will only activate if the computers tell it to so just leave the ignition off while doing the repair and you will be good to go. Don't forget to turn your rotors, subies have soft rotors that will warp if not turned.

kenithparker1
01-14-2010, 11:37 AM
I think factory made outlets are the best attachment for your car and let them continue as long they last.